Growing your business
Taking your business to new heights is not just about selling more products. There are a lot of resource management and business strategies that are involved when you decide to expand your size and scope. Some things to think about include:
- Hiring new employees
It takes the right people to run successful businesses. Hiring is therefore an extremely crucial part of operations. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Outline the key qualifications and skills you are looking for.
- Have an efficient and organised hiring process.
- Pay special attention to formulating the right interview questions that will help you gauge the strengths and weaknesses of the candidates. Make sure the questions are easy to understand and open-ended.
- Be objective and don’t make hasty judgements when interviewing.
- Make sure you discuss all the aspects related to the job.
- Building a relationship with suppliers and handling purchasing
It is important to build healthy and long-term relationships with your supplier. Ensure all business contracts are clear, unambiguous and are mutually agreeable by both parties.
- Marketing and promotional work
In today’s world of rapidly growing media, it is important to advertise your products and services. Having something unique to offer is not enough – you have to ensure your message gets across to the right target audience. Implement a marketing plan or strategy which is based on extensive research into your segment and target audience.